Friday, December 2, 2016

Less clutter and more interesting

Today is an end of the trimester work day. On my to-do list I set aside some time to make my classroom less cluttered with stuff kids don't actually look at and to have more creative visual examples of what we actually do in math class. There is also a shout-out to one of my favorite shows, Lost, as a metaphor for our standards based learning cycle.

Wall of sequences
I invited students to participate in this as well. Top 3 most creative sequences from each class will have the opportunity to be put up on the wall as well.




Standards based grading and student reflection visual
We reference these ideas on our assessments and in conversations in class. I wanted a visual in class so I made this. The messages below the pictures are in this slideshow if you can't read them in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment